Wednesday

It May Be

I should have called this blog Nobody Gives a Damn About My E/N Crap. But that was a bit long to have as an address: nobodygivesadamnaboutmye/ncrap.blogspot.com. That's a mouthful. Plus there's the fact that the slash is illegal in addresses anyway (well, technically speaking, just in the host name, since slashes are an important part of most paths, but let's leave it).

But despite the fact that I didn't name the blog that, I begin feeling it. It is now May and I feel whiny, not least of which because I am so freaking late. I am abysmally late, and I'm sure that doesn't help people give a damn about my crappy whining. In fact, I'm sure it hurts. But rather than simply skipping ahead and making the blog look like it's been updated semi-regularly, then going back and filing in the blanks later on, I have chosen the path of disaster.

Why? Because I am your best friend. Really. You see, if I were to keep the blog fairly up to date as far as the most recent post is concerned, then go back and fill in the blanks, I would make myself seem better but confuse the hell out of everyone. How would you know whether or not I had filled in some blank? How would you know that the archives had been made more complete? I suppose you could look, but that would take time, and I'm your best friend, so I keep it simple.

Actually, it's just so you'll read everything. It's a ploy, all of it. If I filled in blanks, it wouldn't make your life any harder because you wouldn't read the stuff I filled in. So I'm sticking to my guns because I am a shameless whore. At least I have the courage to admit it.

Well, it's May, month of three letters. It's officially Communist Revolution Day too, so in honor of that occasion, I am not going to write what the Man wants to hear. Instead, I am going to whine. In red. Long live the glorious E/N revolution!

No comments: